Thursday, January 18, 2007

Archive Part 9 - Employees of Store 9

Three words: Mary Catherine Cusak aka Timmy Destructo. The boss. Cheap Trick fan, educated at Central Michigan, schooled on the hard streets of Ionia. Her father cut wood and put out fires as a hobby while Mother Cusak was wanted by a militia for some "crimes".

Our first photo I have up was taken on a Sunday morning. This Sunday was notable as it was the day after the MSU/Duke Final Four game, MSU's first final four in some time and their first or I think five straight appearences. Upon losing students went ape, lit shit on fire, punched out big panes of glass and were tear gassed. I closed that Saturday (look for slides coming) then went out to take photos. As everything got quiet I proved to be no war photographer and got the fuck out of dodge. Mary came downtown to ensure that the store was not looted, got tear gassed and then went home. When I came in the next morning, early, to take pics of the carnage I set off the store alarm before wandering the blistered streets. Mary came in with this edition of the State News and I snapped her picture.

This is a shot or Mary rocking the register during the "Live Music Week"...Mary looks much different now, check her out on the myspace...

This is from the They Might Be Giants event. Mary and Sharon were talking with the two Johns when I leaned out to check in and try to get a picture. As the boys in the band scurried like roaches I took this picture of them. THe band is hiding behind the door.

No comments: