Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Archives

So here is the first of what I hope to be a greater collection of images and sounds.
There is much more to follow from my archives but I hope I can get other stuff from otherpeople. Well on to the images...

Pic 1- this is an undated pic of the Store #9. I think it would have to be between 1991 and 1993, as Jocundry's is in the photo. I cribbed this when I left in 1999 as it has a real nostalgic look to it.

Pic 2- a WHR business card! All I remember is we got a box of these at the store and then some woman from the Mt.Pleasant store who sold candles, posters and body jewelry got her own card. And insurance.

Pic 3-when I washed up on shore at the bookstore I found this address on one of the CDs in back by the mouse driven CD player. I swiftly tore it off and when that store moved and I ran the music department I put this on my monitor at my desk.

Pic 4 - I stole this idea from someone, asking them all these odd questions, but I upped the ante by taking a polaroid of those questioned and had them doctor it using pencils. In the picture we have Mary Cusak, Cheap Trick groupie and store manager, and Lawrence "Larry" Cosentino, Jazz/Classical master and Kirk Douglas fan.

Pic 5- this is Carmen Electra Paradise(no shit really) and this is from the same series. I was always trying to take pictures of Carmen for reasons that are best left unsaid. Carmen is now a solo artiste, memeber of the Good Mornings and hairstylist.

1 comment:

maryqsack said...

Not only do I have no recollection of that photo of me (although the handwriting on the t-shirt text is undeniably mine, and pretty funny to boot!), but damn! Could I look any worse? Seriously. I was, like, 60 pounds heavier then. Cut a girl some slack! Yeah, not all record store employees looked like rock stars or cast members from "Empire Records."