Saturday, January 20, 2007

More from the Archives...

I have complete my search, so far, thru my archives. I may need to double check through all my trays of slides but I did my best tonight and I may have reached the end here. Bits and pieces coming, tonight and probably tomorrow.
I have a thing or two more to upload, and then who knows?
Anyways, enjoy this next batch. Please let me know what you think...

In this photo we see the lovely Corinne sitting in the Jazz section watching the MSU-Duke basketball game in April 1999. This was the night of the riot after the MSU's loss. As one would imagine the store was dead, stone empty. The store had four television in it, allowing for the play of odd bits of videos and stuff to promote. The greatest tape we had was the Damn Yankees live from 1991. At the end of the tape ol' Ted Nugent shot a flaming arrow into a cardboard stand up of Saddam Hussein. After the first arrow you hear this high pitched screech imploring "Shoot the fucker again" and Ted did. Classic.
Notice in the background here four copies of Larry Young's terrific LP Unity, which may have just been reissued. There are also Verve records on display and a big thing for Quintology, which as a Jazz release featuring someone who used to work at store nine back when.
While slightly blurry I still like this pic.

No comments: