Saturday, January 20, 2007

Stroke of Genius

When you work with someone so intelligent, so creative, so aware it kinda sucks cos you realize how much you don't have those similar gifts. I will admit that I felt that was when working with Larry. Especially when it came down to his newsletter(hopefully one day we'll post one) and in other ways as well. Just a brilliant person to be around. I think this is a complete work of art, the Wherehouse Classical t-shirt. All these chariactures, from the pen and brain of Larry, each one different, each one carries the sense of greater meaning beneath the black line. I wore this shirt the last day that Wherehouse Records was open in East Lansing, I wore it to work at JAM. Jeff pointed it out and told me to turn it inside out. I responded that they were closing that day, it wasn't like we were in competition anymore. But I obliged and turned it inside out.
I also remember that Larry sent one to Denny. He wrote a note mentioning to get ready for people to stare at his chest.
I still have this shirt. Obviously. Enjoy the faces.




No comments: