Saturday, January 20, 2007

Staff

In these first two posts we see Jason, before he dove exclusively into haberdashery. On this summer Sunday I drove downtown to take pics with I think my Nikon F3(which I sold last year) with expired slide film that gave the pics a nice, cool color. I remember this Sunday cos I brought Jason a copy of the new 3-D National Geographic. The issue was devoted to the Mars Lander in 1997. So I think then these were taken in 1998. This explains the glasses under glasses he's wearing. The second shot is a kung fu out of focus elvis pic...which I think looks cool.


The always entertaining Doug Siwek here, at the Ticket counter. I took this from the classical desk as it was the desk I so loved from Store 6. The picture is quite black due to my not knowing not to shoot someone in front of windows as it'll black them out. Oh well. Live and learn.

I do not remember this phase of Siwek, the glasses wearing phase. The smoking phase, hell I remember that, shit I miss that! I remember at one point he was trying to quit. I walked to Campbells coming back from the bank and bought some singles for me and Doug. I bought him some Gitanes. Have you ever smoked those? I think I bought myself some as John Lennon and Serge Gainsbourg smoked them. I lit it up and hit it and I have never felt anything like that in all my life. You know that pins and needles feeling when your legs are coming back from falling asleep? Imagine that tingling slinking down your throat and into your lungs. It was the toughest smoke of my life. I remember this cos Doug hopped out from the register and hit it. He coughed right off the bat, I cannot describe it, but they were the heaviest fucking cigarettes I have ever smoked. Tremendous. When I ended up at the bookstore and Doug would hit the town I would see him at the store and even tho I had only been there five,ten minutes and had a register shift I'd go smoke with him. Great times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.