Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Still working on stuff, apologies...
I was reading on the myspace page about instore events of the past and I came across one story about Michael Hutchense buying a bunch of tapes. I have a slightly similar story to share.
One fine day I was at the front counter of store number 9 with Chris Faulkner and we were talking about Wierd Al Yankovic. Chris mentioned how we may see him as whenver he hit a new town he would goto the record stores in that area. I laughed it off or something.
Later that afternoon while reading Rolling Stone I heard Chris' voice:
I told you so.
Look up, Holy Shit, there's Wierd Al hisself.
He was taller than I thought, with a big ol' head and a black tshirt with cartoon cat heads on it. He clutched a Tower Records bag and made his way through the store, I think I caught him looking at Eno discs.
A young kid saw him, double taked, then walked over to the cassette singles and bought a copy of 'Gump', the take off on the President of the USA's Lump track. He took it up to Al and he signed the tape, mulled around a bit more and then left.
As he left I looked up and he gave me the peace sign and I said, Give'em hell! Or something apparently clever like that.

No comments: