Thursday, January 18, 2007

Archives Part 6 - Employees of Store 9

In these photos we see the first documented pictures of Mr.Doug "Kid Fresh" Siwek. I first came to know Doug through his work as a label rep thru BMG records. Always made great displays, always wanted to help the store. When I went to Australia in early 1998 he came onto the staff and stayed until close to the end. Great love of music, similar tastes as myself and thus felt like a kindred spirit. Now living in Royal Oak and rocking the real career Doug remains a person I wish I was in better contact with.
I always trust his musical opinion and if I have doubts nowadays about something I e-mail him first.
So here he is, probably enjoying a smoke break while watching the people down below.

Another Doug shot, of him goofing around on-stage during our 'Live Music Week' that Marilyn put on as a week long welcome back students type thing. Siwek always cheered me up. ONce while in a foul mood he got this look on his face, put both hands ot mouth and made a tremendous wet fart noise. I think I replied a la Eddie Murphy, "Quit trying to make me smile" with a big grin on my face.

No comments: